There is a growing diversity in today’s classrooms. More and more pupils come from different backgrounds, speak different languages and have different learning needs.
Camden is a borough in London which is known for its multicultural society and big social differences.
We will visit Netley Primary school and Torriano Primary, two schools that reflect this society each in their own way.
The participants will experience how both schools cope with this diversity and use this diversity to optimize the teacher’s and pupil’s learning.
The participants will be welcomed in the classrooms to observe and talk with teachers, parents and pupils in order to see their work concerning the Global Goals, gender issues and sustainable citizenship.
BRUGGE - FLANDERS-BELGIUM
The seminar is organized in a hotel located in the historic centre of the city.
There is a easy access from the airport by train.
If you would arrive earlier (Friday or Saturday) and/or leave later (Saturday or Sunday) we can book those supplementary nights at a reduced cost of € 80/night (breakfast included). Most of the participants arrive on Saturday afternoon.
- We offer a flexible cost structure, allowing you to select the package that fits best your personal or school situation.
- For a detailed explanation, have a look at our 'Cost Structure'.
You can request an Erasmus Plus grant from your national agency which will cover almost all costs of this course.
We can guide you through the process of funding and application. To do so, you need the make a pre-registration.
After pre-registration, we’ll contact you by mail and provide the application help.
FROM AIRPORT TO HOTEL
- At least every 20 minutes there is a train to Brussels where you have 3 stations: Brussel Noord, Brussel Centraal and Brussel Zuid.
- In every of these stations in Brussels, you can take twice an hour, a direct train to Brugge. The train journey takes about 45 minutes.
- The taxi service of Brugge is situated right at the exit of the station. On foot it's 1300 m from the train station to the hotel.
- A rental car can be hiredat the airport of Brussels. Check the prices of rental cars on internet.
- It's about 110 km from the airport to Brugge. Leaving the airport, you immediately can take the high way (ring R0 around Brussels and E40 to Brugge)
- It's particularly difficult to cross the ring of Brussels between 08.00-09.30 h and 16.00-18.00 h.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need more information on the content and the organization of the course.
We can provide support during the process, give some help and provide tips for the application documents, advice you on the European Staff Development Plan (part of the application) or your professionalization plan and help you after approval with the practical arrangements (e.g. information on travel and accommodation).
For more information, please contact Mr Wim Simoens, course director.