27-31 January 2020
You are interested in the course for the year 2019-2020?
Please make a pre-registration, it doesn’t oblige you to nothing afterwards, but makes it possible to keep contact.
Dates can be subject to change and are only final after official confirmation by the course provider.
Local partners organize these international courses in cooperation with Eekhout Academy.
The hosting partner organisation is the North Karelia Municipal Education and Training Consortium, Riveria.
North Karelia Municipal Education and Training Consortium, Riveria
One the one hand, Finland developed an education system to tackle the challenges of the future, but on the other hand the system is embedded in Finnish culture and tradition. The country succeeded in merging tradition and innovation.
The system strengthens the profiles of the teaching professions by starting with a thorough initial teachers training, facilitating teacher continuous development, supporting teachers in developing innovative teaching and assessment methods; strengthening leadership in education, including distributed leadership and teacher leadership.
Participants to this course will learn about the Finnish educational system by visiting schools with an outstanding quality in Joensuu North-Karelia (Finland). Finland provides increasing access to affordable and high quality education and care, and enhances the quality of systems and provision, in order to foster appropriate development of all learners.
Example of the programme
Focus 1: The Finnish society and Educational System: criteria for success.
Focus 2: Quality management in education.
Focus 3: The role of the teacher and teacher training reform.
Focus 4: Transfer of quality elements to local context and action plan.
Focus 5: Inclusion and differentiation.
- Exchanges of ideas with teacher and management staff.
- Cultural interaction with the local students and teachers.
- Information sessions on quality plan, inclusion, didactical approaches, special needs education.
Methodology of the course:
- Interactive lectures in schools and teacher training institute.
- Study visits to primary and secondary schools.
- Contact and discussions with teachers from Finnish schools.
Finland - Joensuu
The course is organized in the conference room of the local partner and in Finnish schools. The participants stay in a nice hotel located in the centre of Joensuu.
- We offer a flexible cost structure, allowing you to select the package that fits best your personal or school situation.
- For a detailed explanation, have a look at our 'Cost Structure'.
- You can request an Erasmus Plus grant from your national agency which will cover almost all costs of this course.
- We can guide you through the process of funding and application. To do so, you need the make a pre-registration.
- After pre-registration, we’ll contact you by mail and provide the application help.
There is a very good and fast train connection from Helsinki to Joensuu.
Finnair offers every day several inbound flights from Helsinki to Joensuu.
The roads normally are open and accessible in wintertime. A rental car from Helsinki also might be a possibility, especially when shared by several people.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need more information on the content and the organization of the course.
We can provide support during the process, give some help and provide tips for the application documents, advice you on the European Staff Development Plan (part of the application) or your professionalization plan and help you after approval with the practical arrangements (e.g. information on travel and accommodation).
For more information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org