21 – 25 January 2019
You are interested in this course
for the schoolyear 2018-2019?
Pre-registration is now possible.
Dates can be subject to change and are only final after official confirmation by the course provider.
Participants in this course will learn all about the Finnish educational system by visiting schools with an outstanding quality development plan in Joensuu North-Karelia (Finland). Finland’s answer to educational reform results in a high learning output.
Target group: we focus on school leaders and in service training coördinators in schools.
The course will include 5 elements:
- General vision on school autonomy and its quality elements.
- Visit to schools, teacher training and university.
- Information sessions on quality plan, inclusion, didactical approaches, special needs education and ICT integration.
- Discussions with teacher and management staff.
- Cultural interaction with the local students and teachers.
Provisional programme ‘Finnish Lessons for European Schools’
Focus 1: The Finnish Educational System: criteria for success.
Focus 2: Quality management in education
Focus 3: The role of the teacher and teacher training reform
Focus 4: Transfer of quality elements to local context and action plan
Focus 5: Challenges for future education systems
Methodology of the course:
Interactive lectures in schools and teacher training institute.
Study visits to primary and secondary schools.
Meet and greet with teachers from Finnish schools
Finland - Joensuu
The course is organized in the centre of Joensuu, Finland.
- We offer a flexible cost structure, allowing you to select the package that fits best your personal or school situation.
- For a detailed explanation, have a look at our 'Cost Structure'.
- You can request an Erasmus Plus grant from your national agency which will cover almost all costs of this course.
- We can guide you through the process of funding and application. To do so, you need the make a pre-registration.
- After pre-registration, we’ll contact you by mail and provide the application help.
More information will soon be available
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need more information on the content and the organization of the course.
We can provide support during the process, give some help and provide tips for the application documents, advice you on the European Staff Development Plan (part of the application) or your professionalization plan and help you after approval with the practical arrangements (e.g. information on travel and accommodation).
For more information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org