(Date to be confirmed)
You are interested in the course for the year 2020-2021?
Please make a pre-registration so that we can keep you informed about the final registration procedure.
Dates can be subject to change and are only final after official confirmation by the course provider.
There is a growing diversity in today’s classrooms. More and more pupils come from different backgrounds, speak different languages and have different learning needs.
Camden is a borough in London which is known for its multicultural society and big social differences.
We will visit Netley Primary school and Torriano Primary, two schools that reflect this society each in their own way.
The participants will experience how both schools cope with this diversity and use this diversity to optimize the teacher’s and pupil’s learning.
The participants will be welcomed in the classrooms to observe and talk with teachers, parents and pupils in order to see their work concerning the Global Goals, gender issues and sustainable citizenship.
Example of programme
Day 1: introduction
- Welcome to the course
- Introduction to the UK Education System, The Role of the Local Authority and Ofsted
- Reflection and Evaluation
Day 2: Torriano School
- Welcome and introduction to Torriano school: school profile and vision, objectives, …
- Study visit: how the learning environment supports the vision and ethos
- Lesson observations in different year groups
- Feedback and discussion
- Lunch in school
- Keynote ‘Developing respect, tolerance and understanding in our school community’
- Feedback and evaluation
Day 3: Netley primary school
- Introduction to the school
* School Profile and Diversity
* Who do I want to be?
* Teaching and Learning
- Class visits: observation of teaching and learning
- Meeting with Heads of School and discussion on Inclusion, Language and Communication
- Meet the children
- Lunch in school
- Philosophy for Children
- Year 6 – P4C lesson
- Carousel of discussions
* Early Years
* Working with parents and families
- Reflection and evaluation
We offer 2 packages:
PORTUGAL - LISBON (South Bank Tejo)
- The seminar is organized in a delightful 4 star hotel located at 10 km from Lisbon Centre (15 km from Lisbon airport).
- The hotel is situated at the south bank of the river Tagus (Tejo) with easy connection to public transport (tram way).
- Public transport and taxis provide fast connection from and to Lisbon centre.
- If you would arrive earlier (Saturday or Sunday) and / or leave later (Saturday or Sunday) we can book those supplementary nights at a reduced cost. See our 'Cost Structure' 'web page.
- We offer a flexible cost structure, allowing you to select the package that fits best your personal or school situation.
- For a detailed explanation, have a look at our 'Cost Structure'.
- Portuguese participants, who don't use a hotel room, obtain a reduced fee for the course that takes place in Portugal. Their total course fee is € 350. If they don’t take dinner or supper, the course fee is € 200.
- You can request an Erasmus Plus grant from your national agency which will cover almost all costs of this course.
- We can guide you through the process of funding and application. To do so, you need the make a pre-registration.
- After pre-registration, we’ll contact you by mail and provide the application help.
TAXI FROM AIRPORT TO HOTEL
- There is a taxi service at the airport that can drive you to the hotel. The normal price is about € 30.
- At night and during traffic jam, the driver will ask a higher price until € 55.
- It's particularly difficult to leave Lisbon between 16:30 and 19:00 h and to enter Lisbon between 08:30 and 10:30 h.
METRO / AEROBUS , FERRY AND TAXI
- You can take the metro located at exit of the arrival hall of the airport and leave the metro at the terminus station Cais do Sodré. The cost should be about € 2,00.
- The Aerobus is another good way to travel from and to the airport. The Aerobus provides a connection between the airport and Cais do Sodré. A simple ticket costs €3,5 and a return ticket € 5,5 (purchased onboard)
- At the station of Cais do Sodre, you can take a ticket for the ferry boat to Cacilhas (south bank of River Tejo). A simple tickets costs €1,50. During working hours, there is a crossing every 15 minutes. The ferry takes 12 minutes to arrive on the other side of the river.
- At Cacilhas, you can take a taxi for the last remaining 5 km. The cost should be about €10.
- A rental car is not so expensive. Sharing a rental car with 3 other people for all transport during the course, can be cheaper than relying on a taxi.
- The airport is connected directly to hotel in Lisbon South Bank - Almada by the Ring of Lisbon, the North-South Connection (Eixo Norte – Sul) and the A2.
- Crossing the bridge, you have a marvellous view on Lisbon, the estuary and both banks of the River Tejo.
- Bring or rent a GPS.
- Check the prices of rental cars on internet.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need more information on the content and the organization of the course.
We can provide support during the process, give some help and provide tips for the application documents, advice you on the European Staff Development Plan (part of the application) or your professionalization plan and help you after approval with the practical arrangements (e.g. information on travel and accommodation).
For more information, please contact Mr Wim Simoens, course director.