Belgium is a federal state where the competences on education are completely devolved towards the 3 Communities (Flemish Community, French Community of Belgium and German Community of Belgium).
Thus, the Flemish Community or Flanders has full and complete autonomy on the organization of its education system and education policy.
So the educational system in the Flemish Community differs from that in the French and the German-speaking communities.
An exploration of the Flemish education system may be interesting, since the PISA results show that Flanders is a top-performer in reading literacy, mathematical literacy and scientific literacy. When for example making a comparison with the other EU states, Flanders obtains the first place for mathematical literacy (score 531), obtains the second place for reading literacy (score 518) immediately after Finland and Ireland (score 524).
This international course, organised in Brugge (Flanders Belgium), focuses on how to:
- motivate students
- improve the cooperation between education and industry/services
- address class management
- design lessons for (technical) education
- define strategies to improve the educational quality of the school or institution
- co-organise educational activities in industry and services
During the course, you'll have ample opportunity to visit schools. We plan to visit schools offering different kinds of of curricula such as agricultural education, business education, industrial education, caretaking and nursery education, food handling education, artistic education...
BRUGGE - FLANDERS-BELGIUM
The seminar is organized in a hotel located in the historic centre of the city.
There is a easy access from the airport by train.
If you would arrive earlier (Friday or Saturday) and/or leave later (Saturday or Sunday) we can book those supplementary nights at a reduced cost of € 80/night (breakfast included). Most of the participants arrive on Saturday afternoon.
- We offer a flexible cost structure, allowing you to select the package that fits best your personal or school situation.
- For a detailed explanation, have a look at our 'Cost Structure'.
You can request an Erasmus Plus grant from your national agency which will cover almost all costs of this course.
We can guide you through the process of funding and application. To do so, you need the make a pre-registration.
After pre-registration, we’ll contact you by mail and provide the application help.
FROM AIRPORT TO HOTEL
- At least every 20 minutes there is a train to Brussels where you have 3 stations: Brussel Noord, Brussel Centraal and Brussel Zuid.
- In every of these stations in Brussels, you can take twice an hour, a direct train to Brugge. The train journey takes about 45 minutes.
- The taxi service of Brugge is situated right at the exit of the station. On foot it's 1300 m from the train station to the hotel.
- A rental car can be hiredat the airport of Brussels. Check the prices of rental cars on internet.
- It's about 110 km from the airport to Brugge. Leaving the airport, you immediately can take the high way (ring R0 around Brussels and E40 to Brugge)
- It's particularly difficult to cross the ring of Brussels between 08.00-09.30 h and 16.00-18.00 h.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need more information on the content and the organization of the course.
We can provide support during the process, give some help and provide tips for the application documents, advice you on the European Staff Development Plan (part of the application) or your professionalization plan and help you after approval with the practical arrangements (e.g. information on travel and accommodation).
For more information, please contact Mr Wim Simoens, course director.