11-15 May 2020
You are interested in the course for the year 2019-2020?
Please make a pre-registration, it doesn’t oblige you to nothing afterwards, but makes it possible to keep contact.
Dates can be subject to change and are only final after official confirmation by the course provider.
IMPROVE YOUR SCHOOL BY WORKING ON EDUCATIONAL QUALITY
In a fast changing world, society relies on the important role of education and schools. And indeed there are a lot of exciting challenges on the horizon such as: developing basic skills, literacy and key competences, foster employability, socio-educational and personal development, enhance the participation in civic and social life; develop thinking skills, language skills, creativity and an entrepreneurial mindset.
A lot of Ministries of Education, education authorities, schools or educational organisations invest heavily in the continuous development of their quality. They want to strengthen the profiles of the teaching professions, including in particular teachers, school leaders and teacher educators, for example by enhancing teachers’ education and professional development and linking its different phases; facilitating teacher mobility; supporting teachers in developing innovative teaching and assessment methods; strengthening leadership in education, including distributed leadership and teacher leadership.
But how do we cope with this all? The course wants to contribute to the empowerment of schools, training centres and adult education institutions as learning organisations.
The course provides knowledge, methodology, insights and skills needed to achieve this goal.
During the course sessions we have a look at different aspects of quality:
- How to define quality in education;
- The approach towards educational quality;
- The role of the school team and the ‘Human Factor’ in school’ quality development
The course tries to reveal the importance of involving the school staff and school team in the implementation of the schools’ educational quality. This approach is quite unique as those aspects are intertwined and interdependent. Without the full participation of all members of the school team, no educational quality can be achieved.
At the same time, it focuses on internal strategies to make the quality management plan operational.
During the course the trainees will be introduced to methods which enable them to edit their own quality system.
Exploration of several methods of (self-)evaluation and practitioners research make part of the course.
Example of programme ‘Teach, Learn and Quality’
Welcome and introduction
Keynote: “Broad view on education quality”
How to define quality in education
Quality development as a cyclic process, elements of Appreciative Inquiry and self-evaluation
School data as source for quality development
Editing and presentation of own quality plan or approach towards quality (Practitioners Research)
Evaluation and certificates
A course day starts at 09.00 h and ends at 16.00 h, with a break for lunch of 1 h.
On Friday we end at 15.30 h, allowing participants to catch the last airplane.
In the evening, the participants have the opportunityto join a cultural programme, welcome supper and farewell supper.
During the course week, there is a free period for personal reflection and transfer exercises and a voluntary cultural activity.
Have a look at the blog of the course.
The course is organized in the conference room of the local partner and the participants stay in a delightful 4 starhotel, both located at the South Bank of the river Tejo in Lisbon. (12 km from Lisbon airport).
There is a very easy access from the airport. Public transport and taxis provide fast connection from and to Lisbon centre.
- We offer a flexible cost structure, allowing you to select the package that fits best your personal or school situation.
- For a detailed explanation, have a look at our 'Cost Structure'.
- You can request an Erasmus Plus grant from your national agency which will cover almost all costs of this course.
- We can guide you through the process of funding and application. To do so, you need the make a pre-registration.
- After pre-registration, we’ll contact you by mail and provide the application help.
TAXI FROM AIRPORT TO HOTEL
- There is a taxi service at the airport that can drive you to the hotel.
- It's particularly difficult to leave Lisbon between 16:30 and 19:00 h and to enter Lisbon between 08:30 and 10:30 h.
METRO / AEROBUS , FERRY AND TAXI
- You can take the metro located at exit of the arrival hall of the airport and leave the metro at the terminus station Cais do Sodré.
- The Aerobus is another good way to travel from and to the airport. The Aerobus provides a connection between the airport and Cais do Sodré.
- At the station of Cais do Sodre, you can take a ticket for the ferry boat to Cacilhas (south bank of River Tejo). During working hours, there is a crossing every 15 minutes. The ferry takes 12 minutes to arrive on the other side of the river.
- At Cacilhas you can take a taxi or tram for the remaining 5 km.
- A rental car is not so expensive. Sharing a rental car with 3 other people for all transport during the course, can be cheaper than relying on ataxi.
- The airport is connected directly to the hotel by the Ring of Lisbon and the North-South Connection (Eixo Norte – Sul).
- Crossing the bridge, you have a marvellous view on Lisbon, the estuary and both banks of the River Tejo.
- Bring or rent a GPS.
- Check the prices of rental cars on the Internet.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need more information on the content and the organization of the course.
We can provide support during the process, give some help and provide tips for the application documents, advice you on the European Staff Development Plan (part of the application) or your professionalization plan and help you after approval with the practical arrangements (e.g. information on travel and accommodation).
For more information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org