20-24 May 2019
You are interested in this course for the schoolyear
Pre-registration is now possible.
Dates can be subject to change and are only final after official confirmation by the course provider.
In this course we look at 3 different aspects of quality:
- Structure of a quality plan and short introduction to EFQM;
- the human factor;
- the role of the school team.
The course tries to reveal the importance of involving the school staff and school team in the implementation of the schools’ educational quality. This approach is quite unique as those 3 aspects are intertwined and interdependent. Without the full participation of all members
of the school team, no educational quality can be achieved.
This international course aims at answering the questions of how to start and develop a quality management plan.
It also offers guidance on how to implement the needed quality awareness. At the same time it focuses on internal strategies to make the quality management plan operational.
The course wants to contribute to the empowerment of schools, training centres and adult education institutions as learning organisations.
The course provides knowledge, methodology, insights and skills needed to achieve this goal.
During the course the trainees will be introduced to methods which enable them to edit their own quality system.
The first evening we have a visit to a fishermen’s village on the beach and a common welcome supper.
The last evening we take the farewell supper in a typical Portuguese restaurant.
Quality is essential in education. A lot of Ministries of Education, education authorities and schools or organisations invest heavily in the continuous development of their quality.
Provisional programme ‘Teach, Learn and Quality’
Welcome and introduction
Key note: “Broad view on education quality”
Cultural visit and Welcome supper
Introduction to EFQM, structure of a quality system
Quality development is a cyclic process: PDCA, IMAR
Quality development is a cyclic process:
school data as source for quality development.
Teaching and Learning
Cultural visit and Farewell supper
Writing and presentation of own action plan
Evaluation and Certificates
During the course week, there is one free afternoon for a voluntary cultural activity.
The course includes a common supper in first and last evening.
Have a look at the blog of the course.
The seminar is organized in the Hotel Costa da Caparica, a delightful 4 star hotel located at 14 km from Lisbon (22 km from Lisbon airport).
The hotel is situated at the sea shore with a magnificent view on the Atlantic Ocean and the mouth of the River Tagus.
There is a very easy access from the airport. Public transport and taxis provide fast connection from and to Lisbon centre.
- We offer a flexible cost structure, allowing you to select the package that fits best your personal or school situation.
- For a detailed explanation, have a look at our 'Cost Structure'.
- You can request an Erasmus Plus grant from your national agency which will cover almost all costs of this course.
- We can guide you through the process of funding and application. To do so, you need the make a pre-registration.
- After pre-registration, we’ll contact you by mail and provide the application help.
TAXI FROM AIRPORT TO HOTEL
- There is a taxi service at the airport that can drive you to the hotel. The normal price is about € 35.
- At night and during traffic jam, the driver will ask a higher price until € 65.
- It's particularly difficult to leave Lisbon between 16:30 and 19:00 h and to enter Lisbon between 08:30 and 10:30 h.
METRO / AEROBUS , FERRY AND TAXI
- You can take the metro located at exit of the arrival hall of the airport and leave the metro at the terminus station Cais do Sodré. The cost should be about € 2,00.
- The Aerobus is another good way to travel from and to the airport. The Aerobus provides a connection between the airport and Cais do Sodré. A simple ticket costs €3,5 and a return ticket € 5,5 (purchased onboard)
- At the station of Cais do Sodre, you can take a ticket for the ferry boat to Cacilhas (south bank of River Tejo). A simple tickets costs €1,50. During working hours, there is a crossing every 15 minutes. The ferry takes 12 minutes to arrive on the other side of the river.
- At Cacilhas, you can take a taxi for the last remaining 11 km. The cost should be about €10.
- A rental car is not so expensive. Sharing a rental car with 3 other people for all transport during the course, can be cheaper than relying on a taxi.
- The airport is connected directly to Costa da Caparica by the Ring of Lisbon, the North-South Connection (Eixo Norte – Sul) and the IC20.
- Crossing the bridge, you have a marvelous view on Lisbon, the estuary and both banks of the River Tejo.
- Bring or rent a GPS.
- Check the prices of rental cars on the Internet.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need more information on the content and the organization of the course.
We can provide support during the process, give some help and provide tips for the application documents, advice you on the European Staff Development Plan (part of the application) or your professionalization plan and help you after approval with the practical arrangements (e.g. information on travel and accommodation).
For more information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org