Methods of so-called non-formal learning can help a lot to improve the students’ learning mood and motivation.
Non-formal learning is to become one of the European priorities, especially for adult education. In this course we offer knowledge and practical exercises of methods of non-formal learning that can be used in the class room, adult education, youth or social work.
Participants will discover several approaches to non-formal education, they will get to know some of these methods and experience e.g. “Origami Theatre”, “Social Educational Animation”, “Storytelling”, “Photo Voice”, “Theatre and Improvisation Theatre” and “Living Library”.
During this course participants will get actively involved in non-formal learning and will also experience the different kinds of roles in it
(facilitator, organizer, audience).
We cooperate with a Portuguese school which enables us to use a theatre class room of the school. . It’ll be a young, dynamic and creative setting.
In the course, we’ll work towards the production of a Masterpiece, that will be presented at the end of the course.
This course aims at different educational professionals, including teachers, teacher trainees, principals, school counsellors, trainers, youth workers and psychologists who need to get (re-)acquainted with these non-formal methods.
EXAMPLE OF PROGRAMME
Registration, course documents and lunch
First icebreaking activity, welcome, practicalities
Course overview and course objectives
First trust creating exercises and joint welcome supper
Social Educational Animation
Example of NFL in adult education and migrant education
Photo Voice Identity
First draft of Masterpiece
Theatre and Improvisation
Free afternoon for a cultural activity
Validation of NFL
Work Shop: Masterpiece
Presenting of Masterpiece
Follow up and contact possibilities: Skype, Face Book, Moodle...
Evaluation and Certificates
Official end: 12.00 h
PORTUGAL - LISBON (South Bank Tejo)
- The seminar is organized in a delightful 4 star hotel located at 10 km from Lisbon Centre (15 km from Lisbon airport).
- The hotel is situated at the south bank of the river Tagus (Tejo) with easy connection to public transport (tram way).
- Public transport and taxis provide fast connection from and to Lisbon centre.
- If you would arrive earlier (Saturday or Sunday) and / or leave later (Saturday or Sunday) we can book those supplementary nights at a reduced cost. See our 'Cost Structure' 'web page.
- We offer a flexible cost structure, allowing you to select the package that fits best your personal or school situation.
- For a detailed explanation, have a look at our 'Cost Structure'.
- Portuguese participants, who don't use a hotel room, obtain a reduced fee for the course that takes place in Portugal. Their total course fee is € 350. If they don’t take dinner or supper, the course fee is € 200.
- You can request an Erasmus Plus grant from your national agency which will cover almost all costs of this course.
- We can guide you through the process of funding and application. To do so, you need the make a pre-registration.
- After pre-registration, we’ll contact you by mail and provide the application help.
TAXI FROM AIRPORT TO HOTEL
- There is a taxi service at the airport that can drive you to the hotel. The normal price is about € 30.
- At night and during traffic jam, the driver will ask a higher price until € 55.
- It's particularly difficult to leave Lisbon between 16:30 and 19:00 h and to enter Lisbon between 08:30 and 10:30 h.
METRO / AEROBUS , FERRY AND TAXI
- You can take the metro located at exit of the arrival hall of the airport and leave the metro at the terminus station Cais do Sodré. The cost should be about € 2,00.
- The Aerobus is another good way to travel from and to the airport. The Aerobus provides a connection between the airport and Cais do Sodré. A simple ticket costs €3,5 and a return ticket € 5,5 (purchased onboard)
- At the station of Cais do Sodre, you can take a ticket for the ferry boat to Cacilhas (south bank of River Tejo). A simple tickets costs €1,50. During working hours, there is a crossing every 15 minutes. The ferry takes 12 minutes to arrive on the other side of the river.
- At Cacilhas, you can take a taxi for the last remaining 5 km. The cost should be about €10.
- A rental car is not so expensive. Sharing a rental car with 3 other people for all transport during the course, can be cheaper than relying on a taxi.
- The airport is connected directly to hotel in Lisbon South Bank - Almada by the Ring of Lisbon, the North-South Connection (Eixo Norte – Sul) and the A2.
- Crossing the bridge, you have a marvellous view on Lisbon, the estuary and both banks of the River Tejo.
- Bring or rent a GPS.
- Check the prices of rental cars on internet.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need more information on the content and the organization of the course.
We can provide support during the process, give some help and provide tips for the application documents, advice you on the European Staff Development Plan (part of the application) or your professionalization plan and help you after approval with the practical arrangements (e.g. information on travel and accommodation).
For more information, please contact Mr Wim Simoens, course director.